How to use the Uppercut Monster Hold:
- Apply to dry hair that has been washed beforehand with Uppercut Deluxe Everyday Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Start by working a small amount of pomade into dry palms and make sure to spread evenly across both hands. Apply a small amount to the fringe area using fingertips then work from the back of your head forwards making sure to spread the pomade evenly throughout your hair.
- Using a comb from our Uppercut Deluxe Comb range, shape and define your style from root to tip, front to back. Take a step back, and admire.
- To remove, we recommend a full wash cycle with Uppercut Deluxe Degreaser, followed with Everyday Shampoo
Details of the Uppercut Monster Hold:
- Hold: Heavy and strong
- Finish: Waxy, medium shine
- Style Guide: Perfect for all styles
- Hair Type: Anything that needs hardcore control
- Fragrance: Natural Beeswax
- Size: 70g
- Base: Wax Based
For the founders of Uppercut Deluxe, this product was the ultimate challenge. Time after time very exacting people were complaining that their style just wouldn’t last or that their current hair products just didn’t do the job. These people were the toughest sort to please – the sort where style is everything and the look is uncompromising. The kind of people that don’t give second chances. After a long time testing and researching, this super strong wax was born. When they tested for the first time, the boys were genuinely scared at just how good this wax was…hence the name Uppercut Monster Hold.
The Uppercut Monster Hold is a modern take on a traditional product. It takes the core premise of a traditional wax-based pomade and adds modern formulation and manufacturing techniques to deliver, as the name suggests, brutal staying power and maximum hold. The ingredient complex in Uppercut Monster Hold is a balance of wax and oil extracts. These ingredients provide the intense and heavy hold, for serious groomers. To achieve the classic look and shine, it’s important to warm up the wax thoroughly before application. This will allow for the product to be evenly distributed and coat each individual hair. This coat smooths the cuticle layer of the hair to create a barrier. The barrier then reflects light as it hits, creating the high shine finish.
One of the key features of Uppercut Monster Hold is its anti-humidity complex. The same barrier that provides shine, is also to thank for the product being so long lasting as moisture resistant. This barrier locks out moisture, meaning that it won’t break down with water. As the Uppercut Monster Hold is a wax based product doesn’t rely on water based ‘setting’ agents to create hold, it can be completely reworked. This means that the user is able to run their hands, or a comb through their hair through the day or night to get their style back on point.