Details of the Uppercut Matte Pomade:
- Hold: Medium
- Finish: No shine natural matte look
- Style guide: Outstanding performance across a diverse range of styles, classic and modern
- Hair type: All hair types and lengths
- Fragrance: Crème Brulee
- Size: 100g
- Base: Water based
Instructions for the Uppercut Matte Pomade:
- Apply to dry hair that has been washed beforehand with Uppercut Deluxe Everyday Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Start by working a small amount of pomade into dry palms and make sure to spread evenly across both hands.
- Apply a small amount to the fringe area using fingertips then work from the back of your head forwards making sure to spread the pomade evenly throughout your hair.
- Using a comb from our Uppercut Deluxe Comb range, shape and define your style from root to tip, front to back. For extra hold or shine, build up layers of the Uppercut Matte Pomade as you go, before setting your style tight.
- Take a step back, and admire.
Launching in 2016, Uppercut Deluxe Matte Pomade took the Barbering world by soon. Uppercut Matte Pomade was the answer to Barber’s need for a high performing matte finish product, a product that could tackle a modern approach to classic cuts. A matte product that could handle tight and controlled styles while also being flexible enough to add texture and volume. The Uppercut Deluxe product team set out to create a product that could do it all – textured, slick, rough and high, a product that ticks all the boxes. The result is the Uppercut Matte Pomade. Matte Pomade has just the right amount of grip to give texture, the right amount of hold to give control and with the shine stripped out to give the most natural matte finishes.
The Uppercut Matte Pomade is a heavy cream product with an extreme mattifying effect. The product expertly balances water soluble and wax based ingredients to create classic looks with a matte finish. Matte Pomade contains soft, flexible waxes that are heat activated, combined with faster setting water soluble hold agents. This balance in formulation allows the Uppercut Matte Pomade to set slow but grab quickly in the hair making it the perfect product for experienced barber and rookie groomer alike.
The product contains gritty compounds that gently disrupt the cuticle layer of the hair to diffuse light as it hits the hair. The result is a mattifying effect leaving hair looking completely dry and natural with the benefit of hold and control. Conditioning and hydrating agents are used in Uppercut Matte Pomade to ensure the hair isn’t damaged in this process of matification. These ingredients are extremely helpful for thinner or finer hair, as they help to plump the hair cuticle. Applying to dry hair is essential in achieving an extremely matte finish. For best results, style using a small amount of product, and add more as needed.